Obviously you know your sugar is flourishing in a chocolate cake or Mocha Frap Latte
but would you expect it in condiments and soup crackers?
Here is a list of five places you wouldn’t picture having a plethora of sugar:
• Sauces – tomato, pesto, etc.
• Soups – canned and packaged varieties, including chicken broth
• Salad Dressings – especially in low-fat varieties
• Cold Cereal – Very few brands don’t contain sugar (Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets is a good option)
• Bread Products – sugar is often found in bread, bagels, wraps, and pitas
If you have acne, you know that you’d do anything to get rid of it. Scientific research has led to a mobile friendly answer that start with something as simple as your refrigerator. Northwestern university has created a free iPhone app that uses science to help people with acne make better food choices. It uses data from a systematic analysis of peer-reviewed research studies to show people if there is or is not scientific evidence linking acne to foods such as chocolate, fat, sugar and whey protein.
You must be logged in to post a comment.