Maybe not the alcoholic component to Blood Marys, but tomato juice is beverage loaded with beauty benefits! Tomatoes contain lycopene which help prevent UVA and UVB damage. It’s basically your all-natural sunscreen; although the protection is only (SPF) 5, it still is something. Say goodbye to early wrinkles !
Times have changed and pouty duck-lips have become beyond passé. However, there is a natural way to plumpen your pout with an at-home / diy procedure. The two required materials are a toothbrush (preferably straight bristled) and petroleum jelly.
Step by step:
Apply some petroleum jelly to the toothbrush
Rub the toothbrush onto your lips in a circular motion
(be cautious not to rub too hard, you don’t want to tear your skin)
Leave some of the petroleum jelly on your lips once your finished rubbing in order to rehydrate
One of the pros to exfoliating your lips is a temporary plumper complexion. The action of massaging your lip tissue promotes the flow of blood and creates a more ample and pillowy appearance.
Another pro is that it gets rid of dead skin — exfoliating renews your skin by promoting generation of new skin (due to the scrapping of the old, dead skin).
Additionally, exfoliating will also get rid of makeup residue.
Any excess lip-stain will be discarded along with dead skin.
This year don’t regret those Valentine’s Day chocolates, your skin needs ’em. Ruth Swissa is gonna let you in on a little beauty secret: beauty doesn’t mean a life sentence of leafy greens. Indulge in some sultry dark chocolate chunks and reap the benefits.
Chocolate Reduces Blood Pressure
Dark Chocolate relaxes blood vessels. This in turn will reduce blood pressure. Chocolate is perhaps the natural-born chiller; a ‘feel-good inc’ opiate.
Chocolate is an organic stress reliever – it reduces the formation of stress hormones. Consequently, this will promote less collagen breakdown in your skin and ultimately leave you with fewer wrinkles in the long run.
Chocolate contains Flavonols, antioxidants that help your skin combat UV damage, fight free radicals, and increase blood flow. So in other words, fewer wrinkles, fewer sunspots, and an irresistible dewy glow.
~*Keep Label in Mind*~
Even though the chocolate seal may read “70% Dark Chocolate”, if the first ingredient reads “Milk” or “Sugar”, you know your bar does not contain 70% or more cocoa content. Also, to achieve these beauty benefits, make sure you’re indulging in a chocolate bar that contains 70% or more cocoa content. No glacé milk/white chocolate allowed. Portions do come into play as well; make sure you’re not eating more than one ounce of this gushy-good stuff.
How to mend those dry, painful chapped lips this winter season? Here are some of Ruth Swissa’s top lip balm picks that will do the service at utmost potency.
- Burt’s Bees® Lip Balm (Ruth personally suggests the SPF because there’s nothing worse than sun-damage to your skin). What can we say, this little fella works wonders! Not to mention, it’s made of 100% natural ingredients (so no Oxybenzone or Menthol!)
- Vaseline® Lip Therapy® Advanced Formula is definitely one of Ruth’s favorite. “Vaseline is the best invention since sliced bread,” Ruth says. It can literally be used for everything and anything. Nevertheless, this lip treatment protects and replenishes your cracked lips with moisture. This balm is actually the longest lasting moisturizer in comparison to the other products.
- Rosebud Perfume Co.® Lip Balm Not only is it aesthetic and cutesy with its vintage-inspired facade, this tin contains a combination of rich balm that leave your lips moisturized with just one application.
A new peel has gained lots of attention by media and the medical field: VI Peel!
This peel has astounding results for all skin types. This peel has gained so much praise for its ability to treat hyper pigmentation (darkening of the skin). Hyperpigmentation is often caused by sun damage, melasma, acne, acne scars, and rosacea. This peel isn’t only limited to the facial region, it can also be used around the eye area, chest, arms, back, and hands.
The peel is also formulated to meet the most of your comforts. Created with a numbing agent, the peel is virtually painless. Not to mention it shouldn’t even take more than 20 minutes.
Goals of the Peel:
- Improve the tone, texture and clarity of skin
- Diminish the appearance of skin discolorations
- Reduce the appearance of pore size
- Soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve acneic skin conditions by reducing inflammation, post-inflammatory marks, bacteria and excessive cell build-up
- Stimulate fibroblast activity, increasing collagen and elastin production for firmer skin
To get this fabulous peel done, schedule an appointment at Ruth Swissa by visiting http://www.RuthSwissa.com or call (818) 735-8818
When trying to achieve that sleek and suave skin, salon waxing and laser hair removal is the prime decision. However, women often turn to razors for the quick and inexpensive remedy you could do in the comfort of your home. Nevertheless, what women don’t know is if they are not careful with their conduct, nixing stubble can become a jeopardizing skin problem. Here are some tips on how to avoid this undesirable end result.
1. Look for razors that have fine blades and low-resistance coating glide such as Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor.
Although this razor is designer for men, the fact that it has a heavier handle and five blades results in effortless gliding of the razor. This essentially gives you a really close crop in half the amount of passes.
2. Shave after your hot shower.
After a hot shower your blood vessels become dilated. This causes your skin to plump and expose the entire base of your hair follicle. Not only will this allow you to get a super-close crop, but warm water also softens your hair which will prevent snapping and lessen the risk of ingrown hair.
3. Avoid skin infections and rust, switch your blade every five to ten shaves.
4. Use moisturizing shaving cream if you plan on shaving everyday
5. Apply moisturizer over freshly shaved skin
Although it sounds painful, bear the burn and apply moisturizer (especially during the summer). This will minimize flakes and razor rash
“Ingrown hairs show up when a hair that is shaved, waxed, or tweezed curls and burrows back into your skin as it grows.”
This can lead to inflammation and unsightly spots. Here are some quick fixes:
- Exfoliate. When in the shower, use a loofa, wash cloth, or gentle body scrub to exfoliate the area tenderly
- Avoid picking! When these stubborn hairs refuse to come up on their own, avoid picking at them yourself since this can lead to infection. See a professional, like here at Ruth Swissa, where they can help with proper removal.