When it boils down to it, which of the two seeds are better: Flax Seed or Chia Seed? Flax seeds have made their big debut in the nutritional scene a couple years ago, it is now found in hundreds … Continue reading →
Obviously you know your sugar is flourishing in a chocolate cake or Mocha Frap Latte
but would you expect it in condiments and soup crackers?
Here is a list of five places you wouldn’t picture having a plethora of sugar:
• Sauces – tomato, pesto, etc.
• Soups – canned and packaged varieties, including chicken broth
• Salad Dressings – especially in low-fat varieties
• Cold Cereal – Very few brands don’t contain sugar (Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets is a good option)
• Bread Products – sugar is often found in bread, bagels, wraps, and pitas
If you have acne, you know that you’d do anything to get rid of it. Scientific research has led to a mobile friendly answer that start with something as simple as your refrigerator. Northwestern university has created a free iPhone app that uses science to help people with acne make better food choices. It uses data from a systematic analysis of peer-reviewed research studies to show people if there is or is not scientific evidence linking acne to foods such as chocolate, fat, sugar and whey protein.