– Don’t Shower for Too Long: Boiling hot, long showers are actually very detrimental, removing necessary oils from your skin. Try lukewarm showers instead!
– Careful When You Shave: As stated in a previous pose about razor-shaving safety, be sure to lubricate skin, use a clean razor, and shave in the direction of hair growth (not against it).
– Use Mild Soaps: Strong cleansing soaps can also strip your skin of necessary oils; look for a more gentle soap instead
– Pat Dry: Gently pat your towel against your skin after showering in order to allow your skin to absorb the remaining moisture on your skin
– Balm Post-Shower, If Necessary: It’s best you moisturize your skin as soon as you get out of the shower while your pores are still open in order to lock-in as much moisture as possible.
A Prophylactic Mastectomy, also known as Preventative Mastectomy, is the procedure of removing both breasts to prevent breast cancer from occurring. This practice has been proven to be very effective in lowering the risk of breast cancer in women. Nevertheless, this procedure is the most drastic measure someone could take in combating the risk of breast cancer. There are other alternatives to consider.
Here are some of the pros and cons of preventative mastectomies.
- Stark Statistics: Lifetime risk of regular (11%) and contralateral breast cancer (10%) in woman is Contralateral breast cancer is when the cancer mutation develops in the other breast.
- Screenings Don’t Prevent, Only Detect: Screenings can pick up the cancer mutation, but no screening method can prevent breast cancer from occurring.
- Breast-Cancer Reducing Drug Not for Everyone: There have been the production of breast-cancer reducing drugs, such as tamoxifen and raloxifen, but not all women can take these.
- Psychological Reassurance: Nothing provides the same amount of confidence and reassurance that the risk of breast cancer has been dramatically reduced than a preventative mastectomy
- Life Expectancy: Doing a preventative mastectomy can potentially increase the life expectancy in young women who have the BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.
- Potential Problems with Breast Implants: When doing breast implant surgery, there is a risk of complications which include capsular contracture (scar tissue that forms around the implant and squeezes the implant), breast pain, change in nipple and breast sensation, rupture with deflation of saline-filled implants, or rupture with or without symptoms (silent rupture)
- Impact on Sensuality/Sexuality: Although this is one of the lesser issues when it comes to something as horrible as cancer, it still does prose a con. When having your breasts completely removed (regardless of the option of breast implants), you will lose all sensation in your breast area and nipple.
- Residual Risk: Although Preventative Mastectomies can highly decrease the risk of breast cancer, it doesn’t completely eliminate the risk by 100%. There is a slight percentage of developing breast cancer in the remaining tissue even post-mastectomy
It’s the easiest way to look younger for life. Sun damage causes your skin to get wrinkles, in fact “Ninety percent of wrinkles are from sun exposure”. It is definitely a lot easier to prevent the damage than to repair it.
It’s called beauty sleep for a reason. Night time gives your skin the opportunity to rejuvenate; Cellular renewal all occurs during the night. “Sleep deprivation lowers circulation, which is why you look pale and washed out if you only get a few hours”.
3. Clean your makeup brushes
It’s amazing how much dirt and bacteria is sheltered in your brushes just waiting to infect your pores and cause a breakout. Cleaning brushes is super simple, just mix a couple of drops of facial cleanser and lukewarm water in a cup, rinse off brushes, and let brushes airdry.
4. Disinfect your Smart Phone
That iPhone that you can’t keep out of your hands can actually be as potentially germ-infested as the subway or public toilet.
With just some daily loofa scrubbing you can do wonders for your skin. When dirt, oil, and dead skin cells reside in your pores, they appear larder. When removing these plugs, you essentially are making your pores smaller.
6. Stay away from those fries
Foods that are high in fat and carbohydrates are known to cause more wrinkles. To keep your skin looking rejuvenated and youthful, keep to lean proteins (lentils, tofu, lean meat, fish, etc.)
7. No picking
Keep your hands away from your face! Picking at blemishes, even lightly, can cause permanent damage to skin. By pressing on a pimple, you are causing inflammation. This puts the skin under distress and also causes bacteria to be pushed even deeper inside your skin. As a result you are left with more acne, discoloration, and even scarring.
8. Take your makeup off before bed
By going to bed with makeup, you aren’t only risking the enlargement of your pores and the potential for breakout, but it causes extreme dryness and even skin dandruff. Your makeup contains a sugar-type molecule that grows yeast overnight. As a result, you can risk getting bumpy rashes around your eyes called milia cysts.