Permanent Makeup is a great option to minimize the time you take to get ready in the morning. However, you still need to take a few steps to properly care for it. Here are 5 tips on how to keep it looking as fresh and natural as possible.
1. Use sunscreen! Just like any other part of your face or body, permanent makeup needs protection from the bleaching rays of the sun. If you use a moisturizer in the mornings, think about using one with SPF mixed in, and always wear sunglassesHowever, you still need to take a few steps to properly care for it. Here are 5 tips on how to keep it looking as fresh and natural as possible.
2. Be careful with facial peels. Peels remove the upper layers of the skin, so peels that go over your permanent makeup can remove the layers of the skin which hold the ink. If you are having a peel done, inform your esthetician that you have permanent makeup and ensure that he or she does not apply the peel over that specific area.
3. Follow all the aftercare instructions! Your permanent makeup technician should provide you with all the aftercare instructions and products following your procedure. Make sure to follow these instructions carefully, as the healing process is an important aspect of your procedure.
4. Don’t pick! This is such an important part of the aftercare and healing process that it deserves it’s own number! During the healing process, the skin around the area may flake slightly. This is a natural part of the healing process, but if you pick at it, it can scab and cause discoloration. Instead, keep the area moist and let it heal naturally
5. Keep the area healthy! This is especially important if you have permanent makeup applied to your lips!If your lips have a tendency to crack when they get dry, try using a lip balm to moisturize your lips, and also make sure it has an SPF factor! If you get cold sores, make sure you have an up to date prescription with your doctor for anti-cold sore medication. As soon as you feel a cold sore starting, take medication so the lesion does not affect the skin on your lips and your permanent makeup.